Do you like helping people? Would you like to be a part of the nursing field?
If you’re seeking a rewarding career in the healthcare industry that allows you to work directly with patients, you might consider training to become a Patient Care Technician. These professionals play a vital role in the healthcare system by delivering basic nursing care to patients in hospitals, nursing homes, skilled-nursing facilities and home health agencies.
At Jolie Academy, we’ll prepare you for a career as a Patient Care Technician through a combination of theoretical and hands-on learning. Throughout the program, you can expect to learn the following:
- • Perform venipuncture (phlebotomy)
- • Administer an electrocardiogram (EKG)
- • Monitor vital signs
- • Provide basic patient care
- • Interact with other medical professionals
- • Assist the nursing staff with a variety of tasks
- • Medical Terminology
- • Basics of long-term care
- • Procedures for emergencies
- • Safety protocols
- • Methods of preventing infection
- • How to take vital signs
This experience will help to develop your skills and confidence to ensure you’re well prepared to sit for the national certification exam and begin your career. With the Bureau of Labor Statistics projecting a 21 percent growth rate for patient care technician jobs through 2022, you can expect to find many opportunities for entry-level employment upon completing your program.