MAIN REASONS TO CHOOSE PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN TRAINING AT JOLIE
As the demand for medical services continues to increase, so does the need for qualified healthcare professionals, including patient care technicians. These versatile professionals are trained to perform a wide range of tasks in the medical setting, from helping patients meet their nutritional needs, to collecting lab specimens and taking EKGs. In fact, their duties are so varied, that they typically spend more time caring for the day-to-day needs of patients than most other healthcare professionals.
At Jolie Academy, students enrolled in the patient care technician training program learn all of the fundamentals of patient care and treatment, including:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Terminology
- Introduction to Electrocardiography
- Principals of Nutrition
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Preventing Disease Transmission
There’s also a big emphasis on geriatric skills so students are well prepared for jobs in nursing homes and long-term care facilities, both of which depend greatly on patient care technicians to care for their aging residents.
The Patient Care Technician Training Program at Jolie Academy
Jolie Academy provides the highest levels of patient care technician training, giving students the skills and knowledge they need to begin their healthcare careers. Here are just a few of the reasons why students choose Jolie to help them launch their new careers:
- Hands-on Focus. From practicing phlebotomy procedures on training arms to taking accurate vital signs, students at Jolie Academy spend a great deal of time engaged in practical, hands-on coursework. This practical experience is a critical part of the learning process, as it allows students to perfect their technique and develop confidence in their skills as a patient care technician.
- Exam Preparation. Towards the conclusion of the patient care tech program, students are given ample time to prepare for their certification exam. These exams test their knowledge of basic nursing skills and venipuncture, both through a written exam and practical component.
- Student Services. The student services department at Jolie Academy is committed to serving every student that trains at our schools, from the moment they enroll through graduation (and beyond!). Whether students need help with their resumes or interview practice, these professionals are here to help them get the most out of their education.
As an accredited program, students at Jolie Academy will be eligible to sit for a number of the national certification exams after graduation, including the Certified Patient Care Technician exam and the Phlebotomy exam. Although these certifications aren’t always required by the state, they are a prerequisite for many healthcare facilities, which want to ensure they’re hiring a highly skilled staff of patient care technicians.