At phlebotomy schools in PA, students prepare for careers as certified phlebotomists through an intensive hands-on program. Through this program, students will prepare for the national certification exam, which will provide them with the credentials to work as phlebotomists anywhere in the United States.
At phlebotomy schools such as Jolie Academy, students will learn from experienced phlebotomy professionals who have extensive experience in venipuncture. Some of the topics taught include:
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Medical terminology
- Customer service skills
- Safety procedures
- The importance of confidentiality
Students will also spend a great deal of time learning the skills required to draw blood safely through venous, arterial and capillary collections. Through this hands-on training, students in phlebotomy schools will learn about the safe use of needles, butterflies and lancets.
Comparing Phlebotomy Schools in PA
Although there are many phlebotomy schools in PA, not every school will provide you with the same level of training. To make sure you get the best possible start to your new career, keep the following questions in mind as you evaluate your educational options:
- Do the facilities appear clean and professional?
- Do current students seem satisfied with their training?
- Will the school help prepare me for the national certification exam?
- What hands-on opportunities will my training provide?
- Are the class sizes small enough to ensure plenty of one-on-one attention?
- What is the reputation of this school in the community at large?
One of the best ways to see whether a phlebotomy school is right for you is to spend time at the campus. At the Jolie Academy locations in Pennsylvania for example, students are invited to participate in our job shadow program. This program allows prospective students to spend a morning or afternoon as a student, allowing them to attend classes, mingle with other students and ask questions.